Copper pendant etched with a topo map of the location in which the stone was found.
I went camping up in the Brooks Range in Atigun Pass two summers and both times I went fossil hunting. The fossils found were these amazing ‘spaghetti noodle’ looking stones that were actually fossilized coral.
I cut and polished them into cabs for necklaces and this is the first completed piece, for a friend. (the one that does’t belong is actually a river stone)
These stones are dear and personal to me and I hope to put them into jewelry pieces that show that personal connection I have with them.
It feels really good to work on jewelry again.
Alaska in Summer.
Buildings are in Livengood, Alaska, an old mining town north of Fairbanks.
The last photo is the sky at about 11:45 pm.
Poster art adventures from the past week.
I may sell these as prints. Stay tuned! Feel free to message me if you are interested, I’m still working out what’s best for it.
these are now available as 11x14 inch prints on my Etsy!
I have not yet bought shipping containers for them, hence the week or two delay in getting the order, but please feel free to place an order or message me to let me know you are interested!
This week I will get everything I need for shipping.
Check them out here https://www.etsy.com/shop/buginmyeye
Brass, powder coat
Inspired by Edo period armor
a few minor tweaks needed (possibly removing the white boarder all together if possible) and they are almost ready to sell!
These fit in an 11x14 inch frame, but I also did 8.5x11. Still needs some work but dang, these are neat.
Just some stuff I’ve been working on. All of which have taken much longer than anticipated.
The necklace was started a few months ago and finally soldered together last week, and is shining up as we speak.
The terrarium was started at the end of May and hasn’t really gone anywhere in terms of progress. After burning my hand with some lead solder a few weeks back I decided to take a break.
The knife has been about two years in the making but I think I’ll finally get it done! I managed to sand down the handle to fit it and drilled holes in the wood as well. So it’s mostly a few more details and sharpening the blade to go!
Today has been a bust day of applique and sewing. But it’s actually coming along now!
Tested out how I may want to cut the edges to make it look more ragged, as seen on the right. Still not sure if it’s the way to go or not.
some progress shots of the very slow progress of my cosplay idea for PAX. We’ll see if it ever actually gets done in time.
So.. the idea behind it is to do a Journey traveler, but with the spin of it being a patchwork-like robe. Maybe this traveler has scavenged, or lost friends along the way and had taken their cloaks. Who knows.
Also trying to age it, either to give it the effect of being sun bleached (haven’t tried that yet) or snow crusted. White spray paint seems to do the trick but it seems almost too stiff. I’m not sure about it yet.
Also not sure about the mask, but we’ll see after I cover it with black. (It was made with paper towel paper mache, I really suggest it for doing round objects, rather than using paper. Just gotta find a way to get rid of the paper towel texture)
Wonder Under is my favorite and best friend through this project and if you haven’t used it yet for your sewing and applique needs, it’s amazing.